Certified B Corporation +
CCM became a Certified B Corporation (B stands for Benefit) by meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance. We believe it is not only important in seeking to invest in companies that have higher standards of ESG, but to also hold ourselves accountable and use our business as a positive agent for social and environmental good.
United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investing +
CCM is a signatory to the agreement of the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investing (PRI). The PRI were developed by an international group of institutional investors reflecting the increasing relevance of environmental, social and corporate governance issues to investment practices. The process was convened by the United Nations Secretary General in 2006. We adhere to the principles listed below, and report our results into their framework as investment managers.
As investment managers, we have a duty to act in the best long-term interests of our beneficiaries. In this fiduciary role, we believe that environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) issues can affect the performance of investment portfolios (to varying degrees across companies, sectors, regions, asset classes and through time). We also recognize that applying these principles may better align investors with the broader objectives of society. Therefore, where consistent with our fiduciary responsibilities, we commit to the following:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
For more information, please visit: http://www.unpri.org/
1% For the Planet +
CCM is a member of 1%FTP, and as a member we agree to annually donate 1% of our firm’s gross revenue to environmental organizations that support a healthy planet. Recognizing that industry and ecology are inherently connected is an important aspect of our overall approach in understanding the potential corresponding global investment opportunities and risks that are derived.